Port Macquarie


We had the weekend in Port Macquarie, and that lead to a couple of reflections.

I found myself constantly looking out to see at the horizon, and I could not see anything, and I could not help looking. Finally it dawned on me that there were no boats out there to count. Living in Newcastle you expect to gaze out to sea and count the vessels, somewhere between 20 and 50 on the average day. I can't imagine how ripped off the people of Port Macquarie feel only to have a solitary line of horizon to gaze at. Not the less it is endearing and very attractive.

The Other thing I had to notice was how much warmer it was, we had to go and but some summer clothes as it was quite warm, and a good deal warmer than Caves Beach. It is some 3:30 hours north of Caves Beach so I guess that is what makes the difference.

Hope you had a good weekend too.

Philip